Les récits de GillGalad

Les récits de GillGalad

Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix 2012 – Part 3

Part 2

Part 1



A racing team prepares a Grand Prix a few weeks in advance. Three or more, maybe? In any case, countless hours of meticulous calibration and fine-tuning are necessary for the race to theoretically occur smoothly. I reckon the guys at Lotus must have been slightly disappointed when Grosjean blasted his car into Schumacher’s, having to abandon the race after about 6 seconds and 80 meters. I haven’t seen a picture of Grosjean since then, but I can easily imagine how his face must have been irrevocably altered by an unprecedented outburst of rage. So, we wouldn’t hear the French anthem after all.





There are always two sides of the same story, and in this case Vettel was the lucky winner. The collision produced a mess he took advantage of to overtake three cars, going from ninth to sixth place. It was a crucial move for him, because overtaking is a rare thing in Monaco, and it eventually gave him a wide window of opportunity when all five cars in front of him went to the pits to change tyres. Since he had missed out on Q3, he had chosen a new set of super soft tyres for the GP. He maintained first place for quite a while, until he gained a 17 second lead on Webber and tried his luck at the pit. Even though he didn’t stay first, the German ended up fourth, totalizing an exceptional ascension of five places. In Monaco.





Everything else was rather classic. Webber, Rosberg and Alonso protected their positions well and finished the race in the same order they started it. Schumacher showed much consistency and abandoned ship as usual. He hasn’t had any chance this season and I am certain Mercedes is more responsible for these unfortunate events than him.





Rain could have had an impact on the results, but it decided to wait for the very end to let it all out. The Homeric rainfall that followed concluded the Grand Prix with a sad tone. Teams quickly covered the F1 cars and shipped them on trucks, people in the grandstands hustled towards the exit and we, at the Rocher, waited in line to get out of the mud.





It might have taken me more than two hours and a half to get back home, but I didn’t care. I watched my videos, read the media’s opinion on my phone, enjoyed the moment and felt happy to have been present at the most prestigious race in the world.





In the train, I suddenly noticed I had been standing on the same spot for over eight hours without experiencing any kind of physical or mental deterioration. I guess Formula 1 must be pretty entertaining.

0 Poster un commentaire

A découvrir aussi

Inscrivez-vous au blog

Soyez prévenu par email des prochaines mises à jour